New Zealand calling?
Is New Zealand on your bucket list of places to work in? Or are you a kiwi longing to call New Zealand home again?
Reserve Bank of New Zealand | Te Pūtea Matua is looking for fantastic people to join our Great Team - Matangirua. We have multiple opportunities on offer and are keen to talk with people who might want to join us, whether that be now or in the future.
We’re interested in meeting with professionals with skills and experience in any of the areas below:
- Prudential Policy
- Prudential Supervision and Enforcement
- Financial Markets Infrastructure Supervision and Policy
- Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions: Policy, Supervision or Enforcement
- Recovery and Resolution Planning and Policy
- Financial Markets
- Future of Payments, Money and Cash
- Central Bank Digital Currency
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Data, Statistics and Analytics
- Actuarial Science
- Transformation and Change
- Enterprise Delivery / PMO
- Te Ao Māori
- Strategic communications
- Climate change
A central bank with a lot to offer
We’re New Zealand’s central bank. We enable economic wellbeing and prosperity for all New Zealanders – Toitū te Ōhanga, Toitū te Oranga. By maintaining a sound and efficient monetary and financial system, we give people, communities and businesses the confidence to spend, borrow and save money in their daily lives. We do this by keeping prices stable while supporting maximum, sustainable employment, through producing New Zealand’s bank notes and coins, through operating effective, wholesale payment and settlement systems, and by regulating banks, insurers and finance companies. This video outlines more about what we do here: https://youtu.be/RAJtK2y8sD8
You can expect:
- To contribute on exciting and interesting work with real meaning to the lives of New Zealanders
- A commitment to your training and development
- A friendly and welcoming team
- A great culture and a dedication to continually improving organisational diversity, equity, inclusion and well-being
- Great access to senior leaders and an ability to connect and build collaborative relationships, both inside and outside the organisation
- An organisation committed to Te Ao Māori, climate change and greater financial inclusion
Who you are
We’re looking for professionals who:
- Bring specialist technical skills needed for the areas we are recruiting for
- Are purpose-led and aligned to the values at Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Te Pūtea Matua, which are Wānanga/Innovation, Tauira/Integrity and Taura/Inclusion
- Are curious by nature and enjoy adapting to a changing society and environment
- Can demonstrate great examples of success and high performance in your career so far
- Have the motivation, drive and resilience to take on and thrive within the unique challenges and opportunities of a central bank
- Are positive, energetic, collaborative and able to develop others to also be at their best
A different Kiwi lifestyle
New to New Zealand and looking for some adventure? Or an expat who’s ready to come home? In Auckland or Wellington, you’ll appreciate the pace of life and the lifestyle opportunities.
- Auckland has many cultures and is growing fast – it’s an exciting time to be there. Its beautiful beaches will keep you busy after work and on your weekends.
- Wellington is fun, vibrant, and full of character. It’s also our government city, and has great restaurants built around a lovely harbour and hills.
Are you ready to take your career and your life in an exciting new direction? We’re excited to see what you can offer.
Our benefits include:
- A generous relocation allowance and assistance as well as support with you and your family’s visa application if needed
- Genuine flexibility and work life balance
- Great wellbeing benefits and leave policy, including wellness leave, wellness subsidy, work from home equipment
- Great access to training and skills development
Not quite interested in a move now?
We would still be keen to hear from you if a move to Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Te Pūtea Matua could be on your horizon in the future. Please contact Olivia.Murphy@rbnz.govt.nz to make an enquiry.
Know of others who would be keen to work for us?
Please encourage them to apply using the details below.
Hear from others at RBNZ who made the move to New Zealand:
Join our team - YouTube
Contact Olivia Murphy in the first instance – Olivia.Murphy@rbnz.govt.nz
We will be hosting an event at New Zealand house in London on Monday 27 June 2022
to meet with people who are considering future opportunities at Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Te Pūtea Matua. If you are interested in meeting us please register using the link below and we will be in touch!